Great Pretender Season 3: Renewal Updates, Release Date Status, Cast, Plot, Trailer & More
Are you moved by the story of Great Pretender? Has season three got the confirmation? Let’s figure out the updates on Great Pretender Season 3
Great Pretender written as GREAT PRETENDER is an original Japanese crime comedy anime television series that was released in June 2020 in Japan with the first case. The series followed two broadcasting networks internationally licensed by Netflix Original. The plot was separated into 4 cases: the first three cases of this anime which is Los Angeles Connection, Singapore Sky, third one Snow of London was released globally on Netflix in August 2020 and served its fourth case Wizard of Far East on November 25, 2020. It is directed by Hiro Kaburagi, produced by Wit Studio, and written by Ryota Kurosawa.
This crime-comedy series has entertained the audience and proven to be a hidden gem and became the most visually striking anime of 2020. There are high possibilities for the next season as season one concluded with a small cliffhanger which will renew the new one. Fans are super excited for the new installment, however, there has been a lack of conversations on season 3 officially. What will be the storyline for season 3? Let’s figure out when we can have another dose and more details.
Great Pretender Season 3: When will it premiere?
Despite the high popularity of the show and the second season being released several months ago, there is no announcement on the renewal of the show for the third season. Fortunately, the director of the series Hiro Kaburagi gave hints for developing and continuing the story of this anime.
As per the reports in an interview with the anime news network, he thanked the audience for such huge support, both in Japan and overseas. He added that the team is looking for another season that would be better than the previous one. He addressed the audience with a thankful note and asked them to revive the story for another installment by providing more views on Netflix. The production of the anime series usually takes a long time, so if we get the announcement in the coming few months, we will get the drama dose somewhere in the fall of 2022.
Manga of the same name is put on hold because of the ill health of illustrator Daichi Marui. But as we know that manga is an adaption of the series, it won’t hamper the continuity of the show.
So considering all points in an account we can say that the chances for the renewal of the series are pretty high, there is a mere wait for an official stamp by the network on the renewal of the show. However these are mere probabilities, so we have to wait for the official confirmation on the same.
Who will reprise the role in Great Pretender season 3?
As there are no hints on the same and the season has not ended concretely, we expect that the series will reprise the familiar faces from previous seasons. Following characters are expected to revive their roles.
- Makoto Edamura voiced by Chiaki Kobayashi(Japanese), Alan Lee (English): Is the protagonist con man who aspires to greater things. He finds a job to settle the medical bills of his mother but is arrested because of engaging in criminal events, of which he is unaware.
- Laurent Thierry was voiced by Junichi Suwabe (Japanese), Aaron Phillips (English) who is an expert French con man.
- Abigail Jones was voiced by Natsumi Fujiwara (Japanese), Kausar Mohammed (English) who is Laurent’s second-in-command and an athletic, taciturn woman.
- Cynthia Moore voiced by Mie Sonozaki (Japanese), Laura Post (English) who is the clever associate of Laurent, uses her feminine charms to manipulate targets.
- Kudo is voiced by Yohei Tadano (Japanese), Mike Pollock(English) who is a Japanese con-man, and Makoto boss for his first job.
- Kim Si Won voiced by Kujira (Japanese) Karen Huie (English) one of Laurent’s associates and Korean con-woman
- Akemi Suzaku voiced by Gara Takashima (Japanese), Sachiyo K. (English) who is the CEO of Suzaku Association
- Ishigami was voiced by Tomokazu Seki (Japanese), James Taku Leung (English) Edamame’s boss.
- Igarashi voiced by: Shinya Kote
If anything official comes out on this, we will update the list.
What will be the storyline of season 3?
Till now there are no hints on the storyline of the next installment. However, we know that season 2 ended leaving the doubt in the minds of the fans. The second season concluded with a cliffhanger that Dorothy is alive..but how? Fans got puzzled by this climax and are now looking for answers on how she escaped death. The third season will surely have a lot to explore in this crime drama. As the series has a unique storyline, it can continue with the same pace and excitement, and adventure for a long time.
No, there is no trailer for the 3rd installment yet. An official announcement is still awaited however it is expected the whole scenario will be revealed soon. Till then you can enjoy the previous seasons again.
We will be back with more updates- Stay connected.