GTA Net Worth: How Much Is The Grand Theft Auto Franchise Worth?
The Grand Theft Auto video game series has been around for a long time. It was made by Rockstar North and is sold by Rockstar Games. Grand Theft Auto (GTA) is a name for how cars are stolen in the US. It was made and released for the first time in 1997. Players can go on several missions, which puts them in the shoes of criminals and creates several unclear crime sagas. Action-adventure is brought out by reckless driving, shooting third parties, and fighting criminal gangs for territory. here you can check the GTA Net worth.
The series of hit games made by Rockstar has changed over time. It is made up of places that don’t exist. For instance, the 1997 game Grand Theft Auto takes place in London.
Today, the game is mostly based on American cities like Vice City, San Andreas, and Liberty City, which stand in for Miami, the state of California, and New York City, respectively. Note that the next books in the series tend to focus on the made-up place and its surroundings
- Mike Tyson Networth 2022, Biography, Bankruptcy, Salary Per Year, And All Latest UPDATES
- How Much Is Nick Saban’s Salary And Net worth? (2022) LATEST Updates
- GTA (1997) is the first game in the series. The graphics are simple, and the game is about crime in Liberty City, Vice City, and San Andreas.
- Even though it was made in 1999, GTA: London 1969 used the same engine as GTA 1997. It also had British references, like Sid Vacant (Sid Vicious of Sex Pistols and their song Pretty Vacant)
- GTA: London 1961 came out in 1999 and was only available for PCs. It had scenes from London in 1961 and a Briton who looked like James Bond.
- GTA 2 came out in 1999. It had a lot of changes to its graphics, and its lighting system got better so that players could choose between day and night modes.
- GTA III (2001) was an instant hit because it was the first game to offer a 3D isometric view on PS2.
- GTA: Vice City came out in 2002. It had brighter colors and graphics like GTA III, but it was set in 1980s Miami.
- GTA: San Andreas (2004) was Rockstar’s best-selling PS2 game. It was set in the fictional cities of San Andreas (in California), Los Santos (in Los Angeles), and San Fierro. More than 27 million copies of the game were sold (San Francisco).
- GTA Advance (2004): This game was supposed to be part of GTA III for the GB Advance, but it had a lot of technical problems.
- GTA: Liberty City Stories came out in 2005. It had better graphics and a higher resolution so that the weather effects could be changed.
- GTA: Vice City Stories came out in 2006. It was a prequel to GTA: Vice City, but the city was more colorful.
- GTA IV (2008): Without a doubt, GTA IV was the biggest step into the HD era. It had more interactive features and a more realistic look thanks to the Euphoria physics engine.
- GTA: The Lost and Damned came out in 2009 and was an add-on to GTA IV that could be downloaded from Xbox Live. It was about a motorcycle gang called Lost and Damned.
- GTA: Chinatown Wars (2009) is one of the most interesting GTA games because it is a mix of old-school top-down GTA and third-person 3D games.
- GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony (2009) is a downloadable add-on for GTA IV that features a new character named Luiz Lopez. He wants to complete several nightlife missions around Liberty City.
- GTA V (2013): The graphics are a lot better, and players can switch between characters whenever they want.
- GTA V: First Person Mode (2014) – First Person Mode is now available on Xbox 360 and PS3, and it has more powerful consoles, brighter graphics, denser foliage, and more detailed textures.
Financial Success of GTA
The GTA series is a big deal in the entertainment business right now. Rockstar North wants to make the game work on new, more powerful consoles and improve the graphics to meet the needs of a growing number of gamers. As of May 2015, GTA V, the most recent game in this series, had been released and sold over 52 million copies.
Since the first game came out in 1997, the GTA franchise has sold more than 235 million copies around the world. This number is close to the 250 million copies of the Call of Duty game series, which is a first-person shooter. Over 54 million copies of GTA V have been shipped, which is about 17.5% of all franchise sales. GTA IV (2008), which came before it, sold more than 25 million copies around the world.
Rockstar Games plans to make a version of GTA V that can be played online. This is because GTA Online, a popular online mode, has been used to support all of the other games in the series. It has been said that GTA Online could be the future of Rockstar’s games because it made over $65 million in its first-quarter after it came out. To add to the GTA series, the studio is also making a new story mode. It’s possible that total sales could double and reach $250 million per year, which would keep Rockstar Games going for a long time.
Also, GTA 5 has been at the top of several sales charts as the most popular game. As of the middle of 2015, GTA 5 had set a very high bar for other games. The crime game broke the record for the fastest game to reach $1 billion. It did this in just three days.
Several design awards have also been given to the series. For example, GTA was named one of the top 10 designs in the world in 2006. Several Guinness World Records have also been broken by the GTA.
- Where Is Khloe Kardashian’s New House? 2022 LATEST Updates
- Dua Lipa Net Worth And More Facts About Her
The uproar over the “Adults Only” rating on GTA: San Andreas scared away advergames who wanted to use the $11.5 billion video game industry as one of the most important new ways to advertise.
Target, an Australian department store, took the game out of 300 stores after Change.org filed a lawsuit against the GTA series for showing violence against women.
GTA Net Worth
Back in 2013, Electronic Arts made an offer of $2 billion to buy the franchise’s parent company. This is before GTA V’s sales of more than $1 billion. GTA net worth is $3.3 billion on the market right now. Taking into account how much money GTA brings in for the company as a whole, we can say that the franchise is worth between $330 million and $600 million. For one game, it’s not bad.
Guys stay tuned with us to get the latest update about every news like this. We will be happy to provide you with the best and latest news. Keep sharing and leave your comment in the comment section and visit, Green Energy Analysis.